Songbird Whistle Necklace - Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
At Paper Parrot we love all things that celebrate Australian bird life and this striking handcrafted cockatoo necklace certainly does that! Not only is it a necklace but it is also a little whistle.
- Each bird is approx 35mm from tail to beak
- Adjustable cord
- Each bird features a single note whistle
- Presented in a fabric pouch with story card
- Each bird is individually handcrafted from locally sourced clay and then intricately hand painted.
- Because of the completely hand-made nature of these items there will always be some variation between products, adding to their charm.
- Ethically produced by a group of artisans based in Chiang Rai, Thailand.
The Sulphur-crested Cockatoo is a large white parrot found throughout the northern and eastern Australian mainland and Tasmania. It has a dark grey-black bill, a highly distinctive sulphur-yellow crest and a yellow wash on the underside of the wings. It is is a very noisy and conspicuous cockatoo, both at rest and in flight. Some people call them their garden soccer hooligans.
Songbird is a crafts-based social enterprise established to raise awareness and support the conservation of Australia's threatened bird species and their native habitats, whilst creating sustainable and ethical job opportunities for Songbird's artisan makers.