Angkitja Jukurrpa Diary 2019 (hardcover)
- Annotated list of public holidays and significant Australian events and achievements
- Day-to-a-page format
- User friendly size, 215x170mm
- Spiral binding - easy to turn pages
- Monthly planners, notes and contacts pages
- Two pull-out bookmarks
- Annual seasons according to the Central Arrernte people of Mparntwe (Alice Springs.
- Hardcover version weighs 644g
- PLEASE NOTE THIS ITEM WEIGHS MORE THAN 500g SO THERE HAS TO BE A SURCHARGE TO POST IT OVERSEAS. (Please select correct delivery option from dropdown box above)
For many years IAD Press have very successfully used the imprint Jukurrpa Books – Jukurrpa is a Warlpiri word meaning ‘Dreaming’, Story’ or ‘Law’.
The Institute for Aboriginal Development (IAD) is committed to the promotion of cultural authority and recognition, and as IAD and IAD Press are situated on the banks of the Todd River in the heart of Arrernte country, its Board and Elders have determined that appropriate recognition and deference be given to the people on whose land IAD stands by changing the imprint to Angkitja Books – Angkitja is the Eastern, Central and Western Arrernte word for “keeping information safe for the future”. In this age when Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages and culture are so much under threat, it is appropriate to name our publishing label after a word that means keeping safe – keeping culture safe, keeping language safe.