Songbird Earrings - Boobook Owl
At Paper Parrot we love all things that celebrate Australian bird life and these wise little handcrafted Boobook Owl earrings do just that!
- Total earring drop approx 35mm (the bird is approx 25mm from tail to beak)
- Sterling silver earring hooks
- Presented with a story card and fabric gift pouch
- Each bird is individually handcrafted from locally sourced clay and then intricately hand painted.
- Because of the completely hand-made nature of these items there will always be some variation between products, adding to their charm.
- Ethically produced by a group of artisans based in Chiang Rai, Thailand.
The Boobook is the smallest and most common owl found in Australia. Like other owl species, the Boobook is nocturnal. They are often observed perched on an open branch or tree-top, emitting a distinctive 'boo-book' or 'mo-poke'.
Songbird is a crafts-based social enterprise established to raise awareness and support the conservation of Australia's threatened bird species and their native habitats, whilst creating sustainable and ethical job opportunities for Songbird's artisan makers.