Songbird Earrings - Gouldian Finch
At Paper Parrot we love all things that celebrate Australian bird life and these colourful little handcrafted Gouldian Finch earrings certainly do that!
- Total earring drop approx 35mm (the bird is approx 25mm from tail to beak)
- Sterling silver earring hooks
- Presented with a story card and fabric gift pouch
- Each bird is individually handcrafted from locally sourced clay and then intricately hand painted.
- Because of the completely hand-made nature of these items there will always be some variation between products, adding to their charm.
- Ethically produced by a group of artisans based in Chiang Rai, Thailand.
The Gouldian Finch, named after the famous bird artist and illustrator Elizabeth Gould (wife of British ornithologist John Gould) is considered the most spectacular of Australia's grassfinches and is native only to areas in far northern Australia. It is currently listed as an endangered species.
Songbird is a crafts-based social enterprise established to raise awareness and support the conservation of Australia's threatened bird species and their native habitats, whilst creating sustainable and ethical job opportunities for Songbird's artisan makers.