Songbird Earrings - Rainbow Lorikeet
At Paper Parrot we love all things that celebrate Australian bird life and these gorgeous handcrafted Rainbow Lorikeet earrings really do that!
- Total earring drop approx 60mm (the bird is approx 50mm from tail to beak)
- Sterling silver earring hooks
- Presented with a story card and fabric gift pouch
- Each bird is individually handcrafted from locally sourced clay and then intricately hand painted.
- Because of the completely hand-made nature of these items there will always be some variation between products, adding to their charm.
- Ethically produced by a group of artisans based in Chiang Rai, Thailand.
The Rainbow Lorikeet is unmistakable with its bright red beak and colourful plumage. It is widely found in coastal regions around northern and eastern Australia and the sight of feeding flocks is a popular tourist attraction.
Songbird is a crafts-based social enterprise established to raise awareness and support the conservation of Australia's threatened bird species and their native habitats, whilst creating sustainable and ethical job opportunities for Songbird's artisan makers.