Songbird Whistle Necklace - Black Throated Finch
At Paper Parrot we love all things that celebrate Australian bird life and this brave little handcrafted Black Throated Finch necklace certainly does that! Not only is it a necklace but it is also a little whistle.
- Each bird is approx 35mm from tail to beak
- Adjustable cord
- Each bird features a single note whistle
- Presented in a fabric pouch with story card
- Each bird is individually handcrafted from locally sourced clay and then intricately hand painted.
- Because of the completely hand-made nature of these items there will always be some variation between products, adding to their charm.
- Ethically produced by a group of artisans based in Chiang Rai, Thailand.
Australia’s Bird of the Year for 2019, the Black Throated Finch, rose into the spotlight as its fight for survival continues to be threatened by the clearance of habitat for mining activities.
Songbird is a crafts-based social enterprise established to raise awareness and support the conservation of Australia's threatened bird species and their native habitats, whilst creating sustainable and ethical job opportunities for Songbird's artisan makers.
Please Note - whistle necklaces are not intended for use as a toy and are not suitable for children under 4 years.