Songbird Whistle Necklace - Budgerigar
At Paper Parrot we love all things that celebrate Australian bird life and this cheerful handcrafted 'Budgie' necklace does just that! Not only is it a necklace but it has a little whistle
- Each bird is approx 50mm from tail to beak
- Adjustable cord
- Each bird features a single note whistle
- Presented with a story card and fabric gift pouch
- Each bird is individually handcrafted from locally sourced clay and then intricately hand painted.
- Because of the completely hand-made nature of these items there will always be some variation between products, adding to their charm.
- Ethically produced by a group of artisans based in Chiang Rai, Thailand.
The most popular avian pet in the world, and one of the most talkative, is the great Australia 'Budgie'. Its colourful plumage naturally occurs in green, yellow and black, but since being bred in captivity it is also found in blues, whites, greens and greys.
Songbird is a crafts-based social enterprise established to raise awareness and support the conservation of Australia's threatened bird species and their native habitats, whilst creating sustainable and ethical job opportunities for Songbird's artisan makers.
Please Note - whistle necklaces are not intended for use as a toy and are not suitable for children under 4 years.