Songbird Whistle Necklace - Princess Parrot
At Paper Parrot we love all things that celebrate Australian bird life and this fun handcrafted Princess Parrot necklace does just that! Not only is it a necklace but it has a little whistle
- Each bird is approx 50mm from tail to beak
- Adjustable cord
- Each bird features a single note whistle
- Presented in a fabric pouch with story card.
- Each bird is individually handcrafted from locally sourced clay and then intricately hand painted.
- Because of the completely hand-made nature of these items there will always be some variation between products, adding to their charm.
- Ethically produced by a group of artisans based in Chiang Rai, Thailand.
The distinctive pink throated Princess Parrot is an iconic desert species which occurs across Western Australia, the Northern Territory and South Australia. It is highly nomadic and experiences population fluctuations, likely in response to changes in environmental conditions in its arid habitat. The Princess Parrot is listed nationally Vulnerable (under the EPBC Act) and due to its elusive nature and the remote areas it occupies, very little is known about its ecology and potential threats, making it difficult to develop effective management actions to improve its status.
Songbird is a crafts-based social enterprise established to raise awareness and support the conservation of Australia's threatened bird species and their native habitats, whilst creating sustainable and ethical job opportunities for Songbird's artisan makers.
Please Note - whistle necklaces are not intended for use as a toy and are not suitable for children under 4 years.