Songbird Whistle Necklace - Silvereye
At Paper Parrot we love all things that celebrate Australian bird life and this cute handcrafted Silvereye necklace certainly does that! Not only is it a necklace but it is also a little whistle.
- Each bird is approx 35mm from tail to beak
- Adjustable cord
- Each bird features a single note whistle
- Presented in a fabric pouch with story card
- Each bird is individually handcrafted from locally sourced clay and then intricately hand painted.
- Because of the completely hand-made nature of these items there will always be some variation between products, adding to their charm.
- Designed in Australian and ethically produced by a group of artisans based in Chiang Rai, Thailand.
Silvereyes are petite little birds with distinctive white discs around their eyes. They dine on aphids and other small insects, as well as small fruit, berries and nectar. As the end of summer nears they gather in large flocks to migrate north.
Songbird is a crafts-based social enterprise established to raise awareness and support the conservation of Australia's threatened bird species and their native habitats, whilst creating sustainable and ethical job opportunities for Songbird's artisan makers.
Please Note - whistle necklaces are not intended for use as a toy and are not suitable for children under 4 years.