Songbird Whistle Necklace - Swift Parrot
At Paper Parrot we love all things that celebrate Australian bird life and this fun handcrafted Swift Parrot necklace does just that! Not only is it a necklace but it has a little whistle
- Each bird is approx 50mm from tail to beak
- Adjustable cord
- Each bird features a single note whistle
- Presented with a story card and fabric gift pouch
- Each bird is individually handcrafted from locally sourced clay and then intricately hand painted.
- Because of the completely hand-made nature of these items there will always be some variation between products, adding to their charm.
- Ethically produced by a group of artisans based in Chiang Rai, Thailand.
Swift by name and swift by nature, the Swift Parrot is the fastest parrot in the world. It is also one of only two long distance migratory parrots in the world (both being native to Australia), traveling south to Tasmania to breed in the warmer months. Sadly, the Swift is critically endangered, due to the heavy logging of their habitats.
Songbird is a crafts-based social enterprise established to raise awareness and support the conservation of Australia's threatened bird species and their native habitats, whilst creating sustainable and ethical job opportunities for Songbird's artisan makers.
Please Note - whistle necklaces are not intended for use as a toy and are not suitable for children under 4 years.