Songbird Earrings - Black Throated Finch
At Paper Parrot we love all things that celebrate Australian bird life and these cheerful little handcrafted Black Throated Finch earrings certainly do that!
- Total earring drop approx 40mm (the bird is approx 35mm from tail to beak)
- Sterling silver earring hooks
- Presented with a story card and fabric gift pouch
- Each bird is individually handcrafted from locally sourced clay and then intricately hand painted.
- Because of the completely hand-made nature of these items there will always be some variation between products, adding to their charm.
- Ethically produced by a group of artisans based in Chiang Rai, Thailand.
Australia’s Bird of the Year for 2019, the Black Throated Finch, rose into the spotlight as its fight for survival continues to be threatened by the clearance of habitat for mining activities.
Songbird is a crafts-based social enterprise established to raise awareness and support the conservation of Australia's threatened bird species and their native habitats, whilst creating sustainable and ethical job opportunities for Songbird's artisan makers.