Songbird Earrings - Silvereye
At Paper Parrot we love all things that celebrate Australian bird life and these cheerful little handcrafted Silvereye earrings certainly do that!
- Total earring drop approx 35mm (the bird is approx 25mm from tail to beak)
- Sterling silver earring hooks
- Presented with a story card and fabric gift pouch
- Each bird is individually handcrafted from locally sourced clay and then intricately hand painted.
- Because of the completely hand-made nature of these items there will always be some variation between products, adding to their charm.
- Ethically produced by a group of artisans based in Chiang Rai, Thailand.
The Silvereye is a small bird with a conspicuous ring of white feathers around the eye, and belongs to a group of birds known as white-eyes. The Silvereye is widespread throughout Australia, they dine on aphids and other small insects, as well as small fruit, berries and nectar. As the end of summer nears they gather in large flocks to migrate north.
Songbird is a crafts-based social enterprise established to raise awareness and support the conservation of Australia's threatened bird species and their native habitats, whilst creating sustainable and ethical job opportunities for Songbird's artisan makers.