Songbird Earrings - Superb Fairy Wren
At Paper Parrot we love all things that celebrate Australian bird life and these cheerful little handcrafted Fairy Wren earrings certainly do that!
- Total earring drop approx 40mm (the bird is approx 30mm from tail to beak)
- Sterling silver earring hooks
- Presented with a story card and fabric gift pouch
- Each bird is individually handcrafted from locally sourced clay and then intricately hand painted.
- Because of the completely hand-made nature of these items there will always be some variation between products, adding to their charm.
- Ethically produced by a group of artisans based in Chiang Rai, Thailand.
The Superb Fairy Wren is one of our favourite Australian backyard birds, and as they tend to forage on the ground the distinctive bright blue plumage of the males makes these happy little birds very easy to spot.
Songbird is a crafts-based social enterprise established to raise awareness and support the conservation of Australia's threatened bird species and their native habitats, whilst creating sustainable and ethical job opportunities for Songbird's artisan makers.