Songbird Whistle Necklace - Major Mitchell Cockatoo
At Paper Parrot we love all things that celebrate Australian bird life and this striking handcrafted cockatoo necklace certainly does that! Not only is it a necklace but it has a little whistle in its tail.
- Each bird is approx 35mm from tail to beak
- Adjustable cord
- Each bird features a single note whistle in its tail
- Presented in a fabric pouch with story card
- Each bird is individually handcrafted from locally sourced clay and then intricately hand painted.
- Because of the completely hand-made nature of these items there will always be some variation between products, adding to their charm.
- Designed in Australian and ethically produced by a group of artisans based in Chiang Rai, Thailand.
Considered the most beautiful of all cockatoos, the Major Mitchell is known to the Pitjantjatjara people of Central Australia’s Western Desert region as kakalyalya.
Songbird is a crafts-based social enterprise established to raise awareness and support the conservation of Australia's threatened bird species and their native habitats, whilst creating sustainable and ethical job opportunities for Songbird's artisan makers.
Please Note - whistle necklaces are not intended for use as a toy and are not suitable for children under 4 years.