Songbird Earrings - Major Mitchell Cockatoo
At Paper Parrot we love all things that celebrate Australian bird life and these striking handcrafted cockatoo earrings certainly do that!
- Total earring drop approx 55mm (the bird is approx 45mm from tail to beak)
- Sterling silver earring hooks
- Presented with a story card and fabric gift pouch
- Each bird is individually handcrafted from locally sourced clay and then intricately hand painted.
- Because of the completely hand-made nature of these items there will always be some variation between products, adding to their charm.
- Designed in Australia and ethically produced by a group of artisans based in Chiang Rai, Thailand.
Considered the most beautiful of all cockatoos, the Major Mitchell is known to the Pitjantjatjara people of Central Australia’s Western Desert region as kakalyalya.
Songbird is a crafts-based social enterprise established to raise awareness and support the conservation of Australia's threatened bird species and their native habitats, whilst creating sustainable and ethical job opportunities for Songbird's artisan makers.